Samsung have released a successor to its EX1 (or TL500 in the US) large sensor compact camera.
The new camera features what Samsung claim is the brightest compact camera lens, complete with a 3-inch swiveling AMOLED screen of VGA resolution. Read more »
An upcoming version of Skype for Windows 8 has leaked showing off an interface optimized for touch interfaces (read: tablets).
It’s styled using the
Metro Modern UI, characteristic of the upcoming Microsoft platform. Read more »
The folks over at Dropbox have always been keen on getting the community in on their beta builds, and this latest version is no exception.
Highlights include improved video playback, as well as the ability to open Dropbox files directly from other applications. Read more »
Samsung’s high performance laptop, the Series 7 Gamer, has just received a design refresh, complete with new paint job.
Set to feature a new yellow finish, a SuperBright 3D LED display and an updated Core i7 processor, the Series 7 looks to make an impression. Read more »
We’ve heard a wide variety of sources claim that the upcoming iPhone will feature a larger display, and today we can add one more to the list.
When put through an iOS simulator at a resolution of 1136 x 640 (the rumored resolution of the iPhone 5), many iOS 6 apps scale perfectly to the new size, revealing interfaces which have been tweaked and optimized for the different aspect ratio. Read more »
Ever been in a foreign country with no idea what a sign says? Google Translate now lets you snap a picture of it, and then translate the text.
This is a great timesaver as it doesn’t need you to enter in the text to translate manually. Read more »
Yesterday, Google added live traffic to a host of new locations including some 130 smaller US cities and several South American capitals.
Besides the capitals of Colombia, Costa Rica, and Panama, live traffic has been improved and expanded in a host of countries in Europe and America. Read more »
‘Bingo Friendzy,’ developed by UK developer Gamesys, has been introduced by Facebook as the social network’s first real-money gambling application.
While the app uses a separate login system from Facebook – one which requires users to enter a physical address – game activity can be published directly on your Facebook timeline. Read more »
Nuance, the developer behind Dragon Naturally Speaking and many other voice operated technologies in consumer electronics, has created a voice-activated personal assistant which uses biometrics to uniquely identify a specific user.
This means that you’ll be able to tell your phone to do all sorts of things requiring secure identification by simply talking to your phone. Read more »
The popular CyanogenMod ROM modding scene has officially dropped support for a wide array of devices running on the dated Snapdragon S1 chipset.
This means that devices running on the Qualcomm QSD8x50, MSM7x25, MSM7x27 and MSM7x27T SoCs will not see any builds beyond Cyanogen 7.x, which is based on Gingerbread. Or in plain words, no Ice Cream Sandwich by CyanogenMod. Read more »
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 has reportedly, just started receiving its update to Android ICS.
Currently, the update has gone live in Italy, but should hit other regions soon. Read more »
Sony has hyped the Xperia go as a rugged smartphone ever since its recent release, and it now yet another group of sadistic testers have decided to see just how resilient it really is.
The guys from German tech site A1 have taken it upon themselves to put the Xperia Go through a gauntlet of various tests to push the limits of its IP67 certification, including dunking it in a pool, running it over with a car, and making it into an ice cream sandwich. Get it, Ice Cream Sandwich? Read more »
Today HTC and Beats have taken another step apart in their partnership, as Beats have purchased back some of the shares they sold to HTC last year.
Beats execs once again have a controlling interest in their own company, as HTC have agreed to sell them back half of the shares purchased in last years acquisition. Beats now have 75% of the shares, while the remaining roughly 25% still belong to HTC. Read more »
The second in a line series of SDK releases for BB10 has been released, allowing developers to now upload apps to the BlackBerry 10 App World.
After a Dev App has been uploaded to App World, it is available for download to other developers, who can try it out on the BlackBerry developer alpha unit released by RIM a few months back. Read more »
It seems that Google are wasting no time in getting the development kit for the latest version of Android into the hands of developers.
Less than a month after Android 4.1 was announced at Google I/O, the new SDK allows developers to optimize their applications with a wide variety of new features. Read more »