The US owners of the Galaxy Note 10.1 are in for a treat today – the tablet is about to join in on the Jelly Bean fun its European cousin has been having for a while now.
The Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Note 10.1 also comes with the Premium Suite Upgrade, which means it’s not a mere update of the operating system but it also delivers a pack of new features to the tablet owners. The new stuff should provide improved performance, enhanced S Pen Functionality and fully resizable apps.
The update is only available for the Wi-Fi version of the Galaxy Note 10.1. Besides the latest version of Android, some of the features the update brings are the following:
- Multi Window mode for opening multiple apps side by side (not only two as in Dual View)
- Air View gives you a preview of an item’s content just by hovering over it with the S-pen
- You can now write directly on your emails and send hand-written notes
- You can execute commands just by drawing shortcuts on the screen
- S-Note now works in landscape mode
- You can now record the process of your sketching in S-Note
- You can unlock the tablet just by taking out the stylus
There are even more new features, you can check the full list here.
The update is available both wirelessly over-the-air and via the Kies application on your computer.