The HTC Sense 4.0 UI on the new One X was a major improvement over the previous versions of the UI. HTC had toned down some of their previous design choices, which made the UI look more polished. But the performance was still lagging behind stock Ice Cream Sandwich UI and it can be seen while scrolling through homescreens and application drawer.
Thankfully, things are about to change when the next version of Sense UI hits the One X. The folks at Geeksaber have managed to get their hands on a leaked ROM containing the Sense 4.1 update and are saying that it makes a dramatic improvement to the performance.
Here are some of the changes that they noticed on their One X after installing the updated ROM.
- No more lag while using a live wallpaper on the homescreen
- Removal of all the 3D effects in the application drawer, which improves performance
- New and improved kernel, which is a lot faster and said to score over 5900 in Quadrant compared to over 5100 with Sense 4.0.
- Improved battery life
- Improvement to Wi-Fi performance
- Dedicated button in camera interface to switch between the front and rear cameras
- Option to change the functionality of the Recent Apps key to make it work like a menu button, just like on the AT&T model
- Built on the new Android 4.0.4 update
This ROM is only available for the international version of the HTC One X right now. You will find the download link in the source link below.