Samsung has released version 2.0 the Software Development Kit (SDK) and the source code for their Tizen operating system.
SamMobile got their hands on the SDK and have some release notes and screenshots for us. Some of the highlights of this new release include:
● Enhanced Web framework that provides state-of-the-art HTML5/W3C API support
● Web UI framework, including full-screen and multi-window support
● Additional Tizen device APIs, such as Bluetooth and NFC support, and access to the device’s calendar, call history, and messaging subsystems
● Web Runtime framework supporting new configuration elements for specifying the required features and privileges, and providing the basic runtime environment for NPRuntime plugins
● Native framework supporting full-featured application development and providing a variety of features such as background applications, IP Push, and TTS (Text-To-Speech)
● Core and native reference applications including Calendar, Contacts, Gallery, Phone, Settings, and Video Player
● Native IDE providing a project wizard, WYSIWYG design environment, unit test tool, and dynamic analyzer
You can find more screenshots in the source link below. To download the SDK and the source code, click here.