Amazon are today celebrating their Android Appstore’s first birthday and in light of this fact, they’ve come over all generous. As well as a number of discounts on popular paid apps, they’re also giving away eight Kindle Fire’s between now and the end of March.
As well as the week-long app discounts, the company also revealed a number of stats which they’ve been able to pull over the course of the year. For one, there are now some 31,000+ applications available to download from the Appstore up from 4000 last year, but lets talk more about those deals.
Each day, starting today, users will be able to download an increasing number of discounted apps. Kicking it off is Plants vs Zombies which has undergone a 67% discount at $0.99. Tomorrow two more applications will see a price cut and the next day three more on top of that, followed by four the next day and so on.
Here are just some of the apps that will see discounts over the course of the week:
• Fruit Ninja
• Wolfram Alpha
• Splashtop Remote Desktop
• Dr. Seuss’s The Shape of Me and Other Stuff
• TuneIn Radio Pro
• The Lost City
• AccuWeather Platinum
• Jamie Oliver’s 20 Minute Meals
To round it all off, here are a few more stats that Amazon have to shout about:
- Cut the Rope is the most downloaded paid app, followed by Angry Birds and Where’s My Water, whilst Angry Birds Free headed up the most downloaded free app list, followed by Netflix and MobilityWare’s version of Solitaire.
- Amazon offer a free app each day, if a user has downloaded each one of those apps, by now they will have saved themselves nearly $1000.
- Games have proven to be the most popular category over the past year with some of the most popular titles being Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja. Entertainment and Productivity apps were almost as popular with the most successful being the likes of Netflix, Hulu, QuickOffice Pro and CalenGoo.
Head on through to the source link, to see the deals for yourselves and perhaps you could nab yourself a Kindle Fire whilst you’re at it.
Source 1 | Source 2 | Via