A new Skype 4.2 version is now available in the Apple’s App Store for all the iPhones, iPads and iPods Touch running on iOS 4.3 or later.
It adds support for Microsoft accounts and you can now chat with your Messenger, Hotmail and Outlook.com contacts directly from within Skype. The 4.2 version also allows you to tap and hold for edit on instant messages.
Here’s the complete changelog as provided by the developers themselves:
- Chat with Messenger, Hotmail and Outlook.com contacts – sign in with and merge your Microsoft account.
- New to Skype? Create a new account right from the app.
- Tap and hold on instant messages to edit them.
- Choose an emoticon while typing an instant message.
- Animated emoticons for devices with a Retina display.
- Edit saved phone numbers right from the dial pad.
- Bug fixes.
You can update your Skype app right now – just head to the App store.