Flipboard has updated the iOS version of their app, just when the service reached 50 million users. The new update brings with it some minor UI changes, but the major new feature is the ability to create and share custom magazines.
The new custom magazine feature lets you create a magazine of all your favorite articles on Flipboard. You can create a magazine of, say, a certain type of articles and then add all the related favorite articles of yours in it. For example, I created one called Photography where I added all photography related articles on Flipboard. You can also add articles from your web browser using the bookmarklet.
Once your magazine is created, you can read through the articles as you’d normally do in Flipboard. But the interesting thing here is that you can now share this magazine with other Flipboard users. Others can subscribe to your magazine and when you add new articles it gets updated on their device as well.
Other changes include:
- Flipboard notifications when people like, comment or subscribe to your magazines.
- Easily email or share magazines to Facebook, Twitter, G+, etc
- Personalized recommendations for more to add to your Flipboard.
- Search is now front and center on your Flipboard, with new improved results.
- Faster page-loading and faster flipping performance.
You can update the app through the App Store or download it from here.