Sony is now seeding the Android 4.2.2 update for the Wi-Fi only model of the Sony Xperia Tablet Z. The LTE version of is already running on this firmware since the beginning of August.
The update brings lots of changes – it replaces the Tablet UI with Phone UI, and brings multi-user support, 64GB microSD card support, notification bar and new widgets.
Here is the complete change log as compiled by the guys over at XperiaGuide.com :
- Look likes a Phone UI instead of Tablet UI.
- Multi-user support added as a feature of Android 4.2.2.
- Video Unlimited movie app integration and updated media apps.
- Notification bar at top of screen.
- Support for 64 GB SD Card added now.
- A new kind of widget functionalities on both Homescreen and lockscreen.
- my Xperia app added to track Tablet, in case it is lost.
- Soft button keys are centered below. ( Return-Home-Small apps Buttons )
- Quick Settings option in top notification bar added.
- One can change the length of “preview time” after shooting a snap from camera.
- DualShock 3 Wireless controller support added.
- Small apps drawer is same as it was in LTE version update of Xperia Tablet Z.
- Semi-transparent bar in lockscreen.
- Performance and bug fixing update.
Sony is doing great job with delivering Android updates lately and this is another great example. Keep up the good works, Sony!
Thank you, Anurag, for another great tip!